Tasty Salmon with Spinach
Share This Recipe
Tasty Salmon with Spinach Recipe
When it comes to boosting heart health, few protein sources provide the benefits that salmon does. A powerful source of omega-3 fatty acids, it’ll help fend off heart disease, diabetes, and keep your brain healthy as well. In addition to this, this recipe also calls for spinach, which is rich in antioxidants and can keep oxidative damage down in the body, improving heart-health as well. Recipes like these and a good 30-minute cardio exercise on your treadmill will pay off in the long run, you heart will thank you for going the extra mile. Here’s the recipe. Happy eating!
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/4cup minced shallots
2 tbsp. brown sugar Splenda
2 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
1 tbsp. minced garlic
3 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp. wasabi paste
4, 4 oz. salmon fillets
4 tbsp. fat free Greek yogurt
1 tsp. wasabi paste
1/2 tsp. rice vinegar
1 clove minced garlic
4 cups spinach leaves
- Combine the rice vinegar, minced shallots, splenda, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and wasabi paste in a bowl.
- Add salmon and let stand for an hour to marinate being sure to turn once.
- Next, in a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, wasabi paste, vinegar, and garlic to make dipping sauce.
- Grill the fish on the BBQ or oven for 10 minutes or until it flakes easily.
- Serve over top of a bed of spinach leaves with dipping sauce on the side.
This recipe is shared by Shannon Clark in conjunction with Gym and Fitness. Shannon holds a degree in Exercise Science from the University of Alberta, where she specialized in Sports Performance and Psychology. In addition to her degree, she is an AFLCA certified personal trainer and has been working in the field for over 12 years now.